What to take on the day.
Here is suggested list of items and gear;
- Obviously a capable and well serviced on-road licenced 4wd vehicle with spares;
- A trailer with tie downs (ropes) to secure the load, a caged trailer would be awesome, it doesn't have to be an off-road trailer;
- Sun screen, hat, sunglasses or safety glasses;
- Closed shoes is preferable (whatever your groups thinks is appropriate as PPE's for the area and conditions);
- Heavy duty rubbish bags, trying to get KAB to supply us with some;
- A shovel and broom to empty trailer with at the end of the event;
- First aid kit;
- Fire extinguisher and fire blanket;
- Camera's, video and still;
- Water, at least 10 liters per vehicle;
- Sand flag for the lead vehicle of each group in convoy.
Suggested vehicle recovery gear at least to each group, share gear where if possible;
- Tyre gauge & compressor;
- Tyre repair kit;
- Snatch straps, at least two;
- Damper and at least 1 equalizer strap to each vehicle;
- Bow shackles to each vehicle, 3.2 or 4.7's
- A couple of winch extension straps, at least to 30m;
- UHF radio, in car or handheld;
- Drag Chain;
- Nominate at least 2 - 3 recovery vehicle, those not towing trailers;
If anyone can think of anymore gear that would be helpful can they post it on the Wilbinga Shacks 4x4 Crew Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/WilbingaShacks4x4Crew/, thank you.